Presentation of the Master of Science in Artificial Intelligence and Robotics (corso di laurea magistrale in Intelligenza artificiale e robotica)
The Master course in Artificial Intelligence and Robotics (since A.Y. 2009/2010) spans over 2 academic years. This course will allow students to acquire knowledge and technical capabilities in Computer Science and Control Engineering, specifically in the interdisciplinary area of Artificial Intelligence and Robotics. Specifically, the aim of this Master course is to offer students the ability to interact with professional workers in different areas of Engineering (Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence, Robotics, Mechanical, Electronics and Control Engineering) and with professional and users of the involved application areas such as the ones which need the representation and the use of knowledge or sensorial information, automatic machine learning, real time planning, industrial robotics and services, video and pictures detection and simulation and human-computer interaction.
The main career opportunities include:
- Design and realization of robotic systems for service and industrial applications, specifically for safety and security, space, home, elderly people, medicine;
- Design and realization of intelligent systems as knowledge management systems and big data extractions, graphic systems and animation, specifically for cinema and videogames industries, video surveillance systems and video systems for assuring the quality of products and services.
The curriculum is organized in several courses which will lead students to acquire the fundamental competencies for their future career and specific knowledge in one of the key sectors of Computer Engineering and/or Control Engineering. In order to provide ad hoc experience in the field of problem solving and design of Artificial Intelligence and Robotics systems and applications, the curriculum requires the preparation of a dissertation that implies the awarding of 27 credits.
The curriculum of the master course is structured as follows:
- Mandatory Core Courses: 48 credits that provide the common basic competences in the fields of Artificial Intelligence, Robotics, Computer Graphics and Computer Vision;
- Optional core subjects (Insegnamenti opzionali caratterizzanti): 18 credits to be chosen within a set of options in the field of Robotics or Artificial Intelligence;
- Supplementary subjects (Insegnamenti affini ed integrativi): 12 credits to be chosen within a set of options in different areas;
- Seminars: 3 credits;
- Students' free choice: 12 credits;
- Master thesis: 27 credits.
This Master course is fully taught in English; this will encourage the enrollment of foreign students in order to ease the integration and the cultural exchange in an international environment.